Song for share

Friday, March 6, 2009

Be you...Just you

This is a request from one of my friend who wanted to open the eyes of someone they treasure about the importance of living their life as their own.

Was walking down the street, minding my own business and accidentally eavesdropping into someone's conversation, probably talking to a friend or so... But yet talking about something very similar to what most people these days talks about...."I wish I can be like someone else...."

Years back I had wished for the same thing, like the saying goes, "the grass is always greener on the other side". I had a friend, who always wanted to be like his idols like anyone else, till it had been some kind of a nuisance to most of the people out there. Obviously to a point, trying to be someone that you are not would only bring yourself to bitter point of life if you could not achieve it. Its not wrong to put someone you idolize to set as a goal to achieve, don't get me wrong...hehe....but its just that don't get consumed by it.

To kinda think back, if it wasn't because of some of my friends and me, I couldn't imagine what is the future of him. The thing i remembered so far on that incident was a punch on the face and told him this, "SHUT UP AND LIVE ON YOUR OWN LIFE YOUR OWN WAY, NOT OTHERS. THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE *****(name of idol not mentioned), AND ONLY ONE YOU!" Bold? but true enough, good thing that got him back to reality.

We've seen enough from the world around us, the news and what ever it is that we manage to get our hands to. Someone just trying to be someone else, for instance for gals to be following how a model work their lives, living in their own lives, spending and even to the point of pursuing the "ultimate" body figure and getting the perfect boyfriend and etc etc. I remember there was a news on gals getting into slimming pills just to be like Paris Hilton or the Olsen Twins, besides pills they even became anorexic, vomiting every piece of things out of the mouth after they are in. Life-threatening leh* (Typical Malaysian Chinese style of speech).

The bottom line is, why bother being someone you are not? People would not appreciate someone who couldn't even live up to their own life. Is there any fun to it being someone else? What will you do if you manage to achieve without being in one piece? What will you do if you were able to achieve it? End your life? Get angry about it and hate yourself? Come on, you must have realize there is a reason why you are given a name by your parents. I remember i asked my mom once, I only remember she told me that there can only be one person to have such a name, her son of hers^^ (Chinese name so can be easily differentiated but same goes to all other names no matter race or culture). Besides, living like someone else, from my point of view, its kinda boring, living your own life to the max with your own creation to your wonderful life....ain't that even better? XD

To that person...like the famous sentence from Russell Peters..."You! Be a MAN! Do The Right Thing!" She likes the person that you are and not the you that imitates someone else.^^ Cheers

No comments: