Song for share

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Food for thought....

I guess I'm back with the topic about Subang-rians again. This time it hit me again.Well not directly though.

I believe that this is quite a new phenomenon, as many have yet to realise the existence of such issue. Or do we are just ignorant about such incidents as many have yet to experience things like this? More and more people out there have various prejudice and bad perceptions about us, and we are doing nothing about it.

The common reactions were:
1. It doesn't matter.
2. Aiya, Don't care lah.
3. I don't care. I am me, I don't care what they say. Their problem lah.

What we did not realise is that, everyone time we ignore this fact that these problem do exist, we are just running away, avoiding it. What many do not realise is that, we may withstand such issue or to refuse to acknowledge it, we are not able to solve the problem and may cause problems to the next generation.

Again, after what I've mentioned so far, I can predict the following reactions:
1. Cheh, think too much lah this person.
2. Crap. Illogical. BullS**t.
3. Amateur.
4. Etc.

But think to yourself again, will you be able to withstand such a problem? If your kids is experiencing such a problem, will you be able to teach them to get through such things? Are you sure that they can overcome it like you do? You sure that would not break down?

With such points, I believe all of us regardless where you are from have to power to change this if everyone of us realise about this. Not just acknowledge, but to also change what is the root of the problem.

For instance, I've just met this problem recently, and because of this my dear girlfriend is afraid of Subang-rians. A simple error in the webpage, a misunderstanding, an accusation and an attitude = problem for me that is totally hard to solve. If these things were to carefully thought off before advancement of the step misunderstanding, all things are done. But there are some certain thing about Subang-rians, even I do admit I was once like this, that has caused me whole lots of problem. Who is feeling all these? Me, who is stuck in the middle. And only a handful would truly understand this situation.

To add on, (so that I don't seemed bias...LOL) this is the same like how we thought of people from rural regions when we see them looking blur when dealing with things in the urban city. We tend to comment, and even mock and laugh at them. But if you were to be in their shoes, how would you feel? Food for thought...

No comments: