Song for share

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Love, Relationship, and others(My POV)

Had a nice discussion with my friends about love, relationship and each others thoughts about it, which triggers me to type on this post.

A romantic relationship. What is it anyway? Is it a relationship with love between both sides? The border-less care and love that is given and received? The feeling of not wanting to lose each other no matter what even that comes against them and to live happily ever after? Or just simply the use of the famous words of mouth "I Love You" that melts the heart regardless to a male or female?

If I say all the above are very common when it comes to dramas and movies or even stories, would you believe? and if I say that all these are just merely the foundation of a relationship that is bolded, CAPITALIZED, or whatever style to highlight, to exaggerate the importance of these key points till it misled many people, including me.

Lately I've came to realise these. Undeniably that these are important, however, like I've mentioned, they are just foundation for the love we seek in a relationship, and we can't depend on them solely. Besides the needs of these lovey-dovey, hocus-pocus, and etc, I realise that the need to think of the future of such relationship. Whether you want to proceed to be more serious in the relationship or not.

After more than 2 years of my relationship, I got to learn that there are also other things that are maintaining the relationship besides love. The commitment towards the relationship, the responsibility, the ability to overlook and overcome situations together, the thinking of seeking for a common goal, the protection (this does not mean guys for girls, also taken account for the other way because to be honest there are no such rights... sorry girls), the patience, the acceptance of each other weakness, and most importantly is the 'green light' in between each others family and friends.

I know of some would think that what I've stated above can be easily overcome by the word "Love". In reality, these only existed in dramas, movies and 'fairy tales' which tends to give the impression that Love can overcome all crap (forgive my choice of word) which eventually ends with "And they live happily ever after.... The End". But to be honest, you gotta be a rare case or you are highly protected where people won't want to do any harm to your relationship, regardless your gf/bf, husband/wife. Are you in that category?

The society now as so we are in and speak has different kind of people, some are kind, some who mocks. And these causes pressure to the romantic relationship, especially other type of relationship like friendship, family that have disagreements or conflicts of some sorts. The mental stress of not wanting to see each other to be hurt is the worst thing one can feel in a relationship, and that breaks the 'bridge' of couples in a romantic relationship regardless of the distance away from the problem because the problem is not solved. Love is not going to magically appear in front of the 'bridge' and say "Abra Kadabra" and turns everything fine, instead it just provide more time for the person to be hurt as those relationships especially family is as important as a romantic relationship. If you don't believe me, let me ask you this, IF you spouse and your family member/very dear friend drops into the ocean, and neither of them know how to swim, who would you save first? Its a double-edged sword I tell you, one judgement can cause a whole lot of difference and lots of damage mentally. And who say time heals? LOL

I'm not saying that anyone is naive, neither do I say I the "man" or "pro" in relationship issues, but rather i categorize myself as fortunate to be able to receive such exposure, experiences that I obtained and to witness examples as close as under one roof. Thus, i share what I know so that all of us can understand the needs and possibly realising what is hindering yourself from a wonderful relationship.^^

So long for now.... really long post I did huh...AGAIN.... XD... anyway, you are free to discuss, comment and even share you experience. Ja~

No comments: